RT @Seniors_Rights: The Australian Human Rights Commission has launched a new campaign themed around the concept of ‘open your eyes to elde…
RT @ColvinKate: “If governments are serious about using the housing industry to boost the economy, … they need (to look at) other parts of…
Join Our Team
The Old Colonists’ Association of Victoria provides rewarding career paths, flexible working conditions, fair pay rates and a supportive environment.
Be part of the change!
We value all staff and provide learning and development opportunities to foster staff and help them grow.
We seek to attract and retain talented people and have developed and implemented a range of initiatives to support staff. We value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com
See below for:
Receptionist/ Resident Administration support
Maintenance / Gardens Handyperson
Director of Nursing
We currently have a casual Receptionist / Resident Administration support available at Leith Park.
Duties will include general administrative and relief reception duties, processing and delivering mail, along with daily checking of our elderly independent living residents and occasionally driving an internal transportation vehicle for residents.
Working hours will be as required during week days, and may include weekend shifts (2 hour shift). Hours will be offered as required due to workload requirements and to relieve absences.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Previous strong administration experience
- Strong computer skills
- Be a team player
- Be flexible and available for required shifts
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and an understanding of elderly people
- Experience in aged care while not essential, will be highly regarded.
Due to the hilly terrain, the candidate will need to be relatively fit as it involves some external walking throughout our estate.
A current Police Check and flu vaccination is essential.
Applications should be forwarded to the HR Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or applying through the SEEK website. Applications close Friday, 23 October, 2020.
Part-time Maintenance / Gardens Handyperson position available at Leith Park.
This role is part time (seven day per fortnight) suited to an energetic, motivated individual interested in working in the Retirement Living / Aged Care sector. The position will report to the Maintenance Leading Hand and will include general maintenance and gardening duties.
Responsibilities include gardening, maintenance & handyperson tasks within the estate’s independent living units and residential aged care facility in accordance with maintenance programs, and will include:
Performing general maintenance and repairs to ensure the facility and independent living grounds and gardens are well kept and maintained
Minor renovation of cottages
- General rubbish removal, clean up and bin collection
- Driving a minibus (10 person) for residents
- Assist the head gardener in developing longer term safe and tidy living spaces for theresidents to enjoy
- Carry out minor & major gardens rework and projects
Ideally, the applicant will have a carpentry trade background, with experience in general
building and also gardening duties and be able to demonstrate the following:
• A warm and outgoing personality
• A positive ‘can-do’ attitude and provide outstanding customer service to residents
• A sound understanding of residential housing, building services, operations and gardening tasks
• A strong & proven focus on workplace safety
- Excellent communication skills with senior residents, other staff members, contractors and suppliers
- Highly developed problem solving skills
- 2 + years’ general home & gardens maintenance experience
- Current Victorian drivers licence
- Must be physically fit
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to be flexible and work to timeframes
- A current Police Check is essential
- Current Flu Vaccination
To view the position description please contact Louise Blagus on (03) 9433 1116 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, for further information, please contact Damian Pennington on 0418 313 601.
Applications should be forwarded to the HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the SEEK website. Applications close Friday, 30 October, 2020.
Job Vacancies – Lifestyle Assistants at Liscombe House
We currently have the following part time vacancies available, for experienced Lifestyle Assistants to join our lifestyle team at our aged care home.
- These roles will assist the Diversional Therapist with the implementation and evaluation of activity therapy programs, (including both group and one-on-one activities) and the development of innovative approaches to meeting the individual needs of the residents. Candidates will need experience with people living with Dementia. These positions will also be required to cover leave absences.
- Part time role – working 5 shifts per fortnight (7 hour shifts) working 2 days per week and the alternate Saturday. This position also includes driving a mini bus (car licence required).
- Part time role – working 4 shifts per fortnight (7 hour shifts) working 2 days per week
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- Certificate IV (or currently studying) Lifestyle Leisure, Aged Care or Allied Health
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent flexibility, ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Previous experience in an aged care environment is essential
- A sound knowledge of ACFI documentation
- Strong computer skills are essential
- Demonstrate good attention to detail and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Good understanding of the Quality standards
- Experience with programs for people living with Dementia
- A current Police Check
- Flu Vaccination
For further information, please contact Mandy Williamson on 03 9433 1131.
Applications should be forwarded to the HR Advisor at email@example.com and close Friday, 2 October, 2020.
DIRECTOR OF NURSING, LISCOMBE HOUSE
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the management and quality service delivery of all aspects of residential aged care services at Liscombe House, in accordance with OCAV policies and procedures, business objectives and Australian Aged Care Quality Standards. The role is responsible for the oversight and guidance of the residential care team, whilst promoting a culture of continuous improvement and a commitment to excellence.
As a key role for OCAV, we are looking for an engaging, clinical and people focused leader with excellent management qualities and a genuine empathy and passion for delivering exceptional care to our residents.
The successful candidate will require the following
Registered Nurse with AHPRA registration
Previous aged care management experience
Demonstrated commercial acumen
Demonstrated clinical care and people management skills
A strong knowledge and demonstrated experience of ACFI and Accreditation Valid driver’s license
Current Police Check
Current First Aid and CPR certificates
Tertiary Qualification in Gerontology
Post graduate qualifications in a related nursing discipline
For further information and/or to apply for the position, please contact Cathy Coleman at Redstone Recruitment on 0415 355 144 or firstname.lastname@example.org
"There is nothing I would change that would make my life any better. I have two loving sons and family and I thank God every day that OCAV took me in when I had nothing," said Jill Dale, Braeside Park resident.